Mey, J. L. (2001). Pragmatics: An introduction (2nd Ed.). Massachusetts: Wiley-Blackwell.
摘要：This is a succinct introduction to the rapidly developing field of pragmatics - the study of language from the point of view of its users, of the choices they make, the constraints they encounter in using language in social interaction, and the effects their use of language has on other participants in communication.
Preface. Part I: Basic Notions:.
1. Defining Pragmatics.
2. Some Issues In Pragmatics. Part II: Micropragmatics:.
3. Context, Implicature And Reference.
4. Pragmatic Principles.
5. Speech Acts.
6. Conversation Analysis. Part III: Macropragmatics:.
8. Pragmatic Acts.
9. Literary Pragmatics.
10. Pragmatics Across Cultures.
11. Social Aspects Of Pragmatics.
Discussion & Review Questions.
Epilogue: Of Silence and Comets.