Norton, B. (2000). Identity and language learning: Gender, ethnicity and educational change. Pearson Education Limited.
摘要：This study looks at the process of learning a second language and in particular how changing identities of the learner effect this process. Bonny Norton considers how can language teachers can address the complex histories of language learners by integrating research, theory, and classroom practice.
1. Fact and fiction in language learning
2. Researching identity and language learning
3. The world of adult immigrant language learners
4. Eva and Mai: Old heads on young shoulders
5. Mothers, migration and language learning
6. Second language acquisition theory revisited
7. Claiming the right to speak in classrooms and communities