Borg, S. (2006). Teacher cognition and language education: Research and practice. London: Continuum.
摘要：The study of teacher cognition - what teachers think, know and believe - and of its relationship to teachers' classroom practices has become a key theme in the field of language teaching and teacher education. This new in paperback volume provides a timely discussion of the research which now exists on language teacher cognition. The first part of the book considers what is known about the cognitions of pre-service and practicing teachers, and focuses specifically on teachers' cognitions in teaching grammar, reader and writing. The second part of the book evaluates a range of research methods which have been used in the study of language teacher cognition and provides a framework for continuing research in this fascinating field. This comprehensive yet accessible account will be relevant to researchers, teacher educators and curriculum managers working in language education contexts.
1. The Origins of Teacher Cognition Research
2. The Cognitions of Pre-service Language Teachers
3. The Cognitions of In-service Language Teachers
4. Teacher Cognition in Grammar Teaching
5. Teacher Cognition in Literacy Instruction
6. Self-Report Instruments
7. Verbal Commentaries
9. Reflective Writing
10. A Framework for Studying Language Teacher Cognition